Poster Promo Rules
STARS ON ICE TOUR POSTERS SWEEPSTAKES - 2019
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, CANADA ARE NOT ELIGIBILE TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
This SWEEPSTAKES is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Inc. or Twitter, Inc.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to persons who are legal residents of: (a) USA who reside in one (1) of the US states (excluding residents of Florida) or Washington, DC and are age 18 (age 19 if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska and age 21 if a resident of Mississippi) or older at the time of entry in this Sweepstakes; or (b) Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence as of the time of entry (excluding those resident in the Province of Quebec). Entrants must have a valid Facebook®, Instagram®, or Twitter® account in order to enter. Employees of Sponsor, International Merchandising Company, Inc., (“IMC”), their affiliates (individually and collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, grandchildren and stepfamily) and people living in same household (related or not) are not eligible to enter. Eligibility is subject to all federal, provincial and local laws and regulations, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws. Void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must enter this Sweepstakes by taking the following steps during the Entry Period only: (1) visit www.facebook.com ("Facebook Site"), www.instagram.com ("Instagram Site"), or www.twitter.com ("Twitter Site") and log into entrant’s (your) Facebook®, Instagram®, or Twitter® accounts; (2) go to Sponsor’s respective “Stars on Ice” Facebook®, Twitter® , or Instagram® pages: https://www.facebook.com/starsonice/ , https://twitter.com/starsonice , https://www.instagram.com/starsonice/ ; and (3) at the same time, "Comment" on Sponsor’s respective Stars on Ice® Facebook®, Instagram®, or Twitter® page “Post” telling us why you love ice skating (each entrant must “Comment” on a respective platform’s post or entrant’s entry will be disqualified). Each qualifying eligible entry submitted as stated herein during the Entry Period is referred to as an “Entry”. Each entrant is limited to one (1) Entry per platform. Multiple entrants may not share the same Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts. If this Sweepstakes is not completed in accordance with these Official Rules, the resulting entrant’s Entry will be disqualified. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including but not limited to commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Facebook account will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an account by Facebook, Inc. (including Instagram®) and Twitter, Inc. Any Entry will be disqualified if it is illegible, forged, falsified, altered or improperly tampered with in any way.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: The random drawing to determine the Winner(s) from amongst all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period will be held on February 19, 2019 at Sponsor’s office. The random drawing will be held by a representative of Sponsor. The Entry(ies) drawn will be declared the potential “Winner(s)”. Entrants are not required to be present to win. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received by Sponsor in the Entry Period.
4. NOTIFICATION AND CLAIM OF PRIZE: The potential Winner(s) will be notified by Sponsor via a direct message from Sponsor’s respective Stars On Ice® Facebook®, Instagram®, or Twitter® pages within five (5) business days after the random drawing is held. If Winner(s) is not following the Sponsor’s respective Stars On Ice® Facebook®, Instagram®, or Twitter® page, then Sponsor will inform Winner(s) via a reply to Winner(s)’s comment the need for Winner(s) to follow the respective Sponsor page in order to receive their prize. The potential Winner(s) will be required to accept and claim the prize by sending a response to the post via a private message to Sponsor’s respective Stars On Ice® Facebook®, Instagram®, and Twitter® pages and provide their contact information within ten (10) days after Sponsor’s first notification attempt. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winning notification that is not received by the potential Winner(s) for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts by Sponsor, the potential Winner(s) does not respond to notification and accept and claim prize as required herein, is found to be ineligible or not complied with these Official Rules (including for failure to correctly answer the skills-based question), declines prize for any reason prior to award or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit prize and an alternate potential Winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion from amongst all remaining eligible Entries. To be declared the official Winner in this Sweepstakes, the potential Winner must meet the eligibility requirements and comply with these Official Rules. AN ENTRANT IS NOT THE WINNER OF THE PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
USA RESIDENTS ONLY: If a potential Winner who is a resident of USA, he/she must, within the above ten (10) day period, complete, personally sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) confirming such potential Winner’s compliance with these Official Rules and releasing the Released Parties (defined below) from any liability in connection with such potential Winner’s entry in this Sweepstakes and their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize awarded hereunder.
CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY: If a potential Winner is a resident of Canada, he/she must, within the above ten (10) day period: (a) correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skills-based question without mechanical or other assistance; and (b) complete, personally sign and return to Sponsor a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release confirming such potential Winner’s compliance with these Official Rules and releasing the Released Parties from any liability in connection with such potential Winner’s entry in this Sweepstakes and their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize awarded hereunder.
5. PRIZE: The prize is one (1) autographed Stars On Ice Tour 2019 Poster per Winner (total ten (10) Posters):
SKU # / Product Description
TOTAL ARV (10):
The prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and has no cash or credit value. However, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize (or any part) for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. The Winner(s) should allow up to eight (12) weeks before the prize is shipped once they are declared an official Winner by Sponsor, subject to change by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prize will be mailed to Winner(s)’s street address (cannot ship to a post office box) via regular ground mail. A Winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize, if any.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of the prize constitutes a Winner's permission for Sponsor and the Stars On Ice® to use the Winner's name, photograph, image (still or video), likeness, voice, audio, biographical information, statements, testimonial, personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof), address (city and state/province) and prize information (collectively, "Attributes") for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation, notice or authorization (except where prohibited by law) and the Winner(s) agrees to release Sponsor and the Stars On Ice® from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
7. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: By entering, each ENTRANT agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (A) to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Sweepstakes prize suppliers, and their respective past and present officers, members, directors, representatives, agents, employees, affiliates, licensees, parent companies, owners and shareholders (individually and collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s entry in this Sweepstakes and/or such entrant’s claim, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize (or any part); and (B) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in this Sweepstakes itself. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from this Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. The headings of the paragraphs in these Official Rules are for the convenience of reference only, and do not form a part hereof, and in no way define, limit, describe, modify, interpret or construe the meanings of Sponsor, the scope of these Official Rules, or the intent of any paragraph hereof. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic or typographical error in the printing, advertisement or reproduction of these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including in print or online, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize or Winner(s). Released Parties are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from, any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or this Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of this Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; and/or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s entry in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time and any such amendment will be located on Sponsor’s Stars On Ice® website. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
8. RELEASE OF CLAIMS (CALIFORNIA): Each entrant acknowledges that there is a possibility that, subsequent to their involvement with this Sweepstakes and adherence to these Official Rules they may discover facts or incur or suffer claims which were unknown or unsuspected at the time agreeing to these Official Rules, and which if known by them at that time may have materially affected their decision to enter this Sweepstakes. Such entrants acknowledge and agree that by reason of these Official Rules, and the release contained in the preceding subsections, they are assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims. Such entrants acknowledge that they have read these Official Rules and, as such, hereby have been advised of the existence of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
9. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate this Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that this Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of this Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prize or continuing with this Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state/provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential Winner(s) in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and one (1) prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of New York, USA; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, USA without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of New York, USA or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York, USA.
Stars On Ice® is a registered trademark of International Merchandising Company, LLC.